Weekly Review

My attempt to Get Healthy (yet again)

Moderators: amerigoV, BigDog

Weekly Review

Postby kramday » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:34 am

I figure instead of trying another 100 Challenge, I am just going to update this post with a review of the previous week. I might try to include what my plans on for the current week as well.
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Postby kramday » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:35 am

August 27th Review
The first week back making an effort saw a pound and a half loss. Not too bad, considering it wasn't really as much of a focus as I would have liked. I did manage to ride my hybrid bike once (10.5 miles) and my road bike once (27 miles). Plus, I walked all over campus at the OSU game, not to mention all the stairs at the stadium. The long ride was the first time in two months that I had ridden with the bike club. I only wanted to go 20 miles, but evidently their map was off a bit. Those additional about killed me though. It was brutal and had the big ass hill at the end. As usual, my neck and shoulders hurt ten times more than my legs. Unfortunately, my legs didn't feel all that great either.

I did do a couple of other things last week as well. Not actually exercise, but things that I am hoping will help me get back on track. First, I borrowed the Gazelle from Kludy. It is interesting, because I don't consider it that great of an exercise. However, it does get me up and moving for a bit each day at lunch. I also usually listen to a motivational piece by Tony Robbins, which I do think helps my attitude for the rest of the day as well.

Secondly, I did some thinking about my Denver post. In particular, I did some thinking about the actual reason for my struggles after each time that I have gone out there. Those trips are the only time all year that I actually have done any walking in my "business casual" work shoes. I need a new pair, but since I never wear them I haven't bought them. For the last trip, I did buy some inserts but they didn't really help a lot. So, I go out to Denver and come back with sore feet. The sore feet mean that I just don't feel like going to the gym or getting on the bike.

The bike shoes aren't really the most comfortable things either, so I need to make an appointment at the bike shop to get that checked out. I either need to get them adjusted correctly, or get a new pair. I also need to do some checking online for suggestions on foot stretches. I have a massage scheduled in a couple of weeks, and my therapist is also a personal trainer. I want to check with her to get some suggestions as well.
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Postby kramday » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:42 pm

Well, this weekly thing isn't working for me at all. I have been decent about getting back on the bike lately, and I had my best ride in months last Wednesday. But I need to figure out how to leverage the forums (public accountability) again to keep on track. I might start another 100 Challenge in October, just not sure yet.
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Return to Health