April 2008 100 Challenge

My attempt to Get Healthy (yet again)

Moderators: amerigoV, BigDog

April 2008 100 Challenge

Postby kramday » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:49 am

GOAL: Exercise at least three times a week for the month. Back to the basics. Sigh.

COMMENT: Well, I need to do something, so I'm going to try to challenge idea again. I had originally hoped that when volleyball started back at the end of January that it would motivate me to do other things as well, but no such luck.

WORKOUT SCHEDULE
Monday: Rest day
Tuesday: Elliptical Machine (30 minutes)
Wednesday: Rest day -- I might ride with the bike club if the weather every warms up
Thursday: Elliptical Machine (30 minutes)
Friday: Rest day
Saturday: Walk (1 Mile)
Sunday: Elliptical Machine or Bike Ride

MEAL SCHEDULE
Four meals per day, one cheat meal per week.

STARTING STATS
WEIGHT: 239 pounds
BODY FAT: 33%

END STATS
WEIGHT:
BODY FAT:

KNOWN EXCEPTIONS
Apr 1st: Rest day after workout on the previous two days.
Apr 12th: 4E playtest, might be an extra cheat meal or snacking.
Apr 19th: This is my dad's b-day, so this might be an extra cheat meal this week.

DAILY LOG

APR 1: It was a rest day today for exercising, which was a good thing. I got on the elliptical machine Sunday and went did the stationary bike at the gym last night. Unfortunately, I snacked way too much and have to ding myself on the first freakin' day. :(
-1 points [99 points]

APR 2: Eating was pretty good today. No junk or fast food.
-0 points [99 points]

APR 3: Pretty good day. Nothing crazy with the eating and I did get on the elliptical machine for a half-hour. Played around with some of the settings a bit as well.
-0 points [99 points]

APR 4: An off day exercise wise, but the eating wasn't all that great. I did my cheat meal with my nephew at CiCi's pizza buffet. However, I still have to ding myself as I went to Arby's for dinner.
-1 points [98 points]

APR 5: I did got for my walk today, just around the neighborhood. Felt pretty good, but too much snacking. Hit the scale and was at 241.
-1 points [97 points]

APR 6: I got in my first bike ride of the year. I did 9.37 miles in 44:11, which didn't exactly set the world on fire. But it was really, really nice to be out on the bike. Eating not too bad today.
-0 points [97 points]

APR 7: Bart and I went to an Asian Buffet before gaming, so the cheat meal is already out of the way this week. Not much to report otherwise though. A nice like of snacking at gaming, so that is a plus.
-0 points [97 points]

APR 8: Pretty good day today, as I did get on the elliptical for 30 mins. Still playing around with the settings, figuring out which programs I like.
-0 points [97 points]

APR 9: Not a bad day at all. Eating wasn't bad and I needed the rest day.
-0 points [97 points]

APR 10: Again got on the elliptical, this time trying another new setting on it. It was actually probably a little too easy, as it was mostly flat. Oh well, that will be good to know for some days.
-0 points [97 points]

APR 11: Too much snacking tonight. I went out to Kludy's and helped him put together his elliptical. Then we watched BSG and I ate a ton of pretzels.
-1 points [96 points]

APR 12: Lots of snacking again today, as we had the 4E test session. I thought the eating might not be that great, figuring we might order a pizza or something, so I did have the cheat meal exception listed. But that isn't really supposed to cover the snacking part, so I'm dinging myself. Also, I did get on the scale today and was 239.5.
-1 points [95 points]

APR 13: I had a headache for part of the day and just couldn't make myself get on the elliptical.
-1 points [94 points]

APR 14: Back, finally, to a good day. No crazy snacking and went to the gym with Kludy. I did 30 mins on the recumbent bike and 15 mins on the elliptical. This is probably my last time at the WCC for a while, as my membership expires this month. Since I just bought the elliptical, and hope to be riding my bike a log soon, it does really make any sense to renew.
-0 points [94 points]

APR 15:
-0 points [94 points]

APR 16: I should have listed today as an exception, since I had planned on going to the gym on Monday. But I didn't list it, so I'm going to ding myself a point for not getting on the elliptical machine today. Eating was pretty good today though.
-1 points [93 points]

APR 17: Normally scheduled day off, so no points off today.
-0 points [93 points]

APR 18: I got back on the elliptical today, but the belt came off the fly-wheel. It seems like it will be a pain in the ass to put back on, which sucks big time.
-0 points [93 points]

APR 19: I had today listed as an extra cheat meal, but it actually turned out to the first one of the week. The Mexican food was pretty tasty. However, with the rain I decided to no walk.
-1 points [92 points]

APR 20: The belt is off the elliptical machine, but I caught a break with the weather and rode my bike. It was really nice to get out on the bike, and I'm pretty excited for the summer.
-0 points [92 points]

APR 21:
-0 points [92 points]
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Re: April 2008 100 Challenge

Postby JO » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:44 am

You can do it Mark! Good Luck!!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Lord, grant me the Serenity. Just that, just grant me the Serenity. I'll take care of the rest! Shiny!
JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Postby BigDog » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:27 am

We just gotta keep trying and each of us trying will help inspire the others. Good luck.
"Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." - Goethe

"I'm shocked! Shocked I say to discover gambling in this establishment!"
"Your winnings Chief Inspector"
"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Postby kramday » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:21 am

Thanks guys. To help out with the struggle, I purchased an elliptical machine with my tax refund. It is a NordicTrack Commercial 1300, which I got from CostCo. It is pretty nice, I used it three times last week and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. After a week at least, it hasn't turned into a laundry holder. :D

kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Postby Sin » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:36 pm

kramday wrote:Thanks guys. To help out with the struggle, I purchased an elliptical machine with my tax refund.

Kramday,

We put ours into savings (and plan to do that with the impending extra check as well). Thank you for helping the economy out while Jo and I are slacking (and you get in shape to boot!)

- G$
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
Sin
Superior Master
Superior Master

Postby JO » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:26 pm

Yea, where it is absolutely no fun.... :x
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Lord, grant me the Serenity. Just that, just grant me the Serenity. I'll take care of the rest! Shiny!
JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Postby kramday » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Updated through the weekend.
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Postby kramday » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:51 am

Finally updated through yesterday.