Curvaleous

My attempt to Get Healthy (yet again)

Moderators: amerigoV, BigDog

Curvaleous

Postby JO » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:51 am

Well, let me jump in on the health topic.

I joined Curves after school started in September. It is on the way home from dropping the kids off at preschool. It makes it hard to have an excuse for not going in on my way home. I also have gotten a good endocrinologist who has me on the right dose for my thyroid medication. I'm hypothyroid and have struggled with the problems and side-effect for the last 10 years. It also doesn't help that I had 3 pregnancies within 4 years and 2 months (not that I was counting).

So anyway,...I haven't been as consistant as I would like but even with that I have been able to lose about 7 lbs and 5 ins throughout. The best thing...I only gained a pound over the holiday where I never went to workout. Now if I can only eat better maybe I can get to where I want to be. Ultimately, I don't care about the pounds as much as the inches.

I get weighed and measured monthly and it is charted with my other measurements. The great part - unlike all the other things I have done, I feel like I can stay with this.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Lord, grant me the Serenity. Just that, just grant me the Serenity. I'll take care of the rest! Shiny!
JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Postby kramday » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:03 am

Hey, that is great to hear. I know what you mean about the finding excuses to not do it. Over the summer it was easy to ride my bike a lot because I am about a mile from where the bike club meets. So in a matter of minutes I'm out on the open road. I didn't have to worry about putting the bike on the rack or anything like that. The gym isn't exactly out of the way, but is nowhere near as convenient. That sometimes is the difference between going or not.

Good luck. I would ask you to join the pictures thread, but I don't think Big Dog and Dugger could handle it. :oops: :twisted: :lol:
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Postby JO » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:16 am

kramday wrote:Good luck. I would ask you to join the pictures thread, but I don't think Big Dog and Dugger could handle it. :oops: :twisted: :lol:

Glad someone has confidence in how my picture might come out. :lol: However, that said, I wish I had taken a picture before I started all this. I would still like to do it when Mark comes home. Pretty sure they will never make the forum.

Lord, grant me the Serenity. Just that, just grant me the Serenity. I'll take care of the rest! Shiny!
JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Postby kramday » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:22 am

The picture thing is interesting. Obviously I know what I look like in the mirror, and I debated long and hard before I decided to post. But in the end, I decide what the hell. Maybe the public "humiliation" will be an added incentive. :)
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Postby BigDog » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Yea the picture thing is a big leap. Maybe my goal will be to get to a point where I wouldn't be mortified to post it.

And, yea, Jo shouldn't post hers. She's enough of a curvaceous sexpot for the group...
"Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." - Goethe

"I'm shocked! Shocked I say to discover gambling in this establishment!"
"Your winnings Chief Inspector"
"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Postby JO » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:42 pm

Monthly weight and measure:

So things went well today. I had my numbers last run just after Christmas. Usually it is done around the 18th but I missed most of December. Though I went up by 1 in both pounds and body fat, I have been able to bring both down to pre-Christmas levels.

So my stats:

Minus .5 inches
Minus 1 pound
Minus .5 body fat

Tomorrow, I go to my endocrinologist who will look me over and take my blood to see how my TSH levels are. I feel so much better these past months since they upped my medication. I'm sure the exercise helps as well.

JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Postby BigDog » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:50 pm

Congratulations. Keep it up. :)

"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Postby kramday » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:54 pm

Any new updates on the Curves front?
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Postby JO » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:34 am

After a month hiatus, I went back to Curves today. It feels great to get back to it. The month of snow days, days off, sore knees and recently, sick kids, has not been kind to my stats.

Weight: 178
Body fat: 33.6%

I have come up 2.5 lbs and 1%. Yikes! The good thing is I am still down from Sept when I started but not by much. Cross your finger for the this coming month.

JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Postby BigDog » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:37 am

You go girl! Last week was a let-down for me after the Biggest Loser ended, but I'll try to get back on board with your momentum.

"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Postby kramday » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:08 pm

Congrats on getting back there. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, both for your health and your sanity. :)
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Postby Carlo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:35 pm

Lets here it for the weather breaking and letting us all get out and be healthy! :D
3rd Independent Assault Brigade
72nd Mechanized Brigade,
47th Mechanized Brigade,
so many more....
Slava Ukraine!
Carlo
Warlord
Warlord

Postby JO » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:46 pm

Well, it has been almost a year since I started this thread. In the time being, I have stayed with Curves though the last winter with school days was a problem. However, I have been pretty good at going and have tried to make it 3 times a week.

At the end of September, I joined Curves weight loss class. I like their approach which focused on eating well and trying to raise metabolism. Mine has been in the toilet for years, some of it due to my hypothyroidism but can't blame everything on that. They also say they are not a maintaince diet so you should be able to continue to eat right (2 snacks/3 meal) and when you go up a few pounds you diet for two days then go back to eating normal. We will see.

The class was 6 weeks long and ended before Thanksgiving. At my best I lost 8lbs in 4 weeks but by the end was at 6 lbs loss with a fat lb loss of 6 lbs. Since then with a little effort I have gotten back on the bandwagon and am jumping between 6 and 8 lb loss. Not bad for 2 months especially if you look at my normal track record.

The best part, with the start of this thread, I have lost 12 lbs and come down 2% in body fat. My goal now is to be a soild 165 by Christmas and, cross my fingers, 160 by my birthday in Feb. If that happens, we are having make your own sundae for the gaming treat in Feb. :D

JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Postby BigDog » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:07 pm

Congratulations, honey. I'm on about day 6 of a renewed effort to stop my bad eating and pull the weight back down. (Not perfect, ate crap for lunch today, but trying...)

"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Re: Curvaleous

Postby JO » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:59 pm

Wahoo!!! I made it to 165 before Christmas.....Bring on the cookies I am off the diet until Jan. 1st!!!!!

JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Next

Return to Health