Weigh-In

My attempt to Get Healthy (yet again)

Moderators: amerigoV, BigDog

Postby kramday » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:33 pm

I feel like I am on a roller coaster lately. No consistency at all. :?

http://www.kramday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=13779#13779
kramday
Commissar
Commissar

Re: Weigh-In

Postby BigDog » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Okay. Even with my best intentions, I did what they say happens to most people. I yo-yo'd. True I just got back from a week of travel with big dinners and no exercise, but still I was appalled to read 295.0 on the home scale this morning. A year ago January I was in the upper 280s. At my best last year I was under 275 in late February.

I won't bore everyone with my disappointment in myself and all the negative crap. Just time to get back on the wheel and get the weight down again. For the moment, I'm going with Slim-fast for breakfasts and likely for lunches too. I'm going to be trying to cut out getting snack foods to have around work or the house. I can eat as much fruit or veggies as I want for free (I'm not a big fruit eater so I could use more). Dinners will be the balanced stuff that Vickie cooks for us now anyway.

In addition, I'm going to get to the fitness center five times a week at work instead of the 2-4 times I'm doing now. If I have my lunch in the fridge with Slimfast or a can of veggie soup, I don't have to worry about timing myself with the cafeteria. If work simply prevents me from getting there one day, I will walk when I get home if at all possible.

Fitness center will still focus on the running, but cross it up with stair-climbing and bike at times. (sometimes necessary if the treadmills are all taken). If I can get my shoulder fixed up, I'll try to work in some weights as well.

That's about all I've come up with right now. I know I won't be perfect and I'll deviate from the plan at times, but I hope that by being much more public about and posting here, I'll be focused on sticking with it.

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST, 2008
Home scale weight: 295.0
Food: Slimfast bkfst. Veggie soup lunch. movies for dinner; apple for snack
Exercise: Walked/Ran on treadmill at home. 36min for 2miles.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND, 2008
Home scale Weight: n/a
Food: Slimfast breakfast; 1/2 BLT + lo sodium veggie soup + some tortilla chips for lunch; apple for snack; hamburger and salad for dinner; tortilla chips and some cookies as a snack.
Exercise: 30min walked dogs outside.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD, 2008
Home scale Weight: 291.0
Food: Spinach and bacon omlette breakfast; slimfast lunch; pepperoni pizza for the Superbowl; applesauce.
Exercise: 20min walk with the dogs

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH, 2008
Home Scale Weight: 289.0 (Must be losing water and flushing out all the rich meals from last week)
Food: Bkst: Slimfast; Lunch: beef & veggie soup with 30 Ritz crackers; Dinner: 1/2 Tommy's Pizza with Vickie's Dad
Exercise: 22min, 1.55miles. (single stretch 0.5 miles continuous jog)

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH, 2008
Home Scale Weight: 290.0
Food: Bkfst: Slimfast; Lunch: Minestrone soup and crackers; Dinner: Indian stew over a slice of bread.
Exercise: none :(

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH, 2008
Home Scale Weight: n/a
Food: No bkfst, Slimfast lunch, company over for dinner (chicken moretti, nuts, bread & Jason's dipping sauce, butter pecan ice cream, zucchini, etc.)
Exercise: 30min on home treadmill.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH, 2008
Home Scale Weight: 285.0
Food: Slimfast bkfst, no lunch,
Exercise: 20min dog walk in evening

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH, 2008
Home Scale Weight: n/a
Food: Slimfast bkfst, turkey melt sandwich & 15 tater tots for lunch, very large dinner at the Banana Bean Cafe
Exercise: 40min on treadmill, 2.65miles

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH, 2008
Home Scale Weight: 282.0

Okay, either someone is effing with the home scale, or I had lead weights in my shorts back on the 1st, or I've lost 13 pounds in 8 days. Something is wrong. I don't want to complain and I am feeling better, less pressure, looser clothes, etc. but I'm skeptical. Yes, I've cut way back on my eating: no Tim Horton's breakfasts, slimfast meal replacements 1/day-ish, no snacking at night, and almost complete distraction due to new assignments at work which are pushing me hard (work weekends, evenings usually). But I'd just come off a week of rich eating and no exercise (before Feb 1), I ate a lot of ~rich food just last night, and my workload has kept me from exercising much this past week... I don't know. We'll see if it bounces back up or shows some consistency.

Food: Slimfast breakfast, ???
Exercise: ???

SUN-THURS
Generally ate well during the day and had a big dinner, little to no snacking at night. No exercise worth mentioning as I was working 15 hour days mostly.

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH, 2008
Home Scale Weight: 280.0
Food: Slimfast breakfast, peanut butter & pretzels, chicken gumbo soup and crackers, chicken, beans, rice dinner, frozen fruit bar, some nuts
Exercise: Finally back to the fitness center: 2.0miles in 28:20min

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 16TH, 2008
Home Scale Weight: 280.0
Food: Slimfast breakfast, ???
Exercise: ???

SUNDAY 17th, ran 30min home treadmill for 1.8miles. snacking

MONDAY 18th, 282.0 home scale. Ran 32min, (2miles in 28:45min inside there) good on eating.

wow, lost a week with very little exercise, fairly good eating, late nights and a lot of stress... getting my head above water now...

SUNDAY 24TH
280 at home scale

MONDAY 25TH - 2 donuts, Slimfast, hamburger, small side tater-tots, two greek burgers for dinner, frozen fruit bar. No exercise.

TUESDAY 26TH - Pretzel/PB snacks, veggie soup, some crackers, Slimfast, etc.
33min on treadmill with 0.5mile at a run, 2+miles overall.
"Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." - Goethe

"I'm shocked! Shocked I say to discover gambling in this establishment!"
"Your winnings Chief Inspector"
"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Postby BigDog » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:05 am

Made an update to the main message http://www.kramday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21190#p21190 After 16 days of renewed effort for health, I'm down 15 pounds, feel less bloated. The next fifteen will certainly not be as easy but my goal is to get squarely under 270 by June 28th and stay under for a month until my 40th birthday. Hopefully, a target that far out and trying for that consistency of a low weight will help effect some real change in lifestyle to maintain the lower weight. Tying it to my birthday might help too, keeping the focus. Gotta find something, swimsuit season doesn't really hold any motivation for me. :)

"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Postby Carlo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:36 pm

15lbs, nice work. Sounds watching the diet is the big key for you. Keep going.
3rd Independent Assault Brigade
72nd Mechanized Brigade,
47th Mechanized Brigade,
so many more....
Slava Ukraine!
Carlo
Warlord
Warlord

Postby BigDog » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks, I suspect that was the easy weight. With workload, I'm finding it difficult to get to the treadmill much at all and I'll confess that this evening became Donato's night, which "ain't helpin'" But I'm going to try to keep it up and at least not gain anything before life settles down enough to be more regular. I'm working from home more often, which leaves me open to more temptations... not as many as I used to keep around, but still there is always something to snack on :oops:

"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Postby JO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Depends what temptations and snacks at home you are talking about...some could help you burn calories... :wink: :twisted:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Lord, grant me the Serenity. Just that, just grant me the Serenity. I'll take care of the rest! Shiny!
JO
She Who Must Be Obeyed
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Postby BigDog » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:36 am

:shock:

What ever could you mean?

:shock:

"Oh thank you."
BigDog
Double Dog Master
Double Dog Master

Postby Carlo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:52 pm

And that is a perfect example of why Jo is a very very dangerous woman :D :thumbsup:
3rd Independent Assault Brigade
72nd Mechanized Brigade,
47th Mechanized Brigade,
so many more....
Slava Ukraine!
Carlo
Warlord
Warlord

Previous

Return to Health